Usually, on this site, we post some pretty serious things: biographies, theories, archaeological news, and answers to some of history’s puzzling questions, like why America drives on the right side of the road. Well, it’s time we lightened up for a bit and enjoyed a few good history jokes. These are the kind of jokes that you’ll only understand if you’re a history nerd, and if you follow this site then you likely are. There’s no super intense historical debate here, only memes.
*laughs in smart*
1. Classic Caesar
2. Well…They Tried.
3. This Is So Bad It’s Good…
4. Germany Doesn’t Have Time For Your Maginot Line, France
5. Hitler During WWII Be Like:
6. We Feel You, Hasdrubal. That’s Rough Buddy.
7. Quick! Build An Impenetrable Wall!
8. Columbus, Please.
10. He’s Right, You Know.
11. Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!
12. Nothing Like The Good Old Roman Empire!
13. This Is It. This Is Exactly How It Happened.
14. Too Real.
15. Those Opium Dens Were No Joke.
16. Well? Who Would Win? Oh Wait…
17. He Looks So Disappointed Already.
18. Actual Footage of Herbert Hoover, Colorized.
19. “I Don’t Know, Mom.”
20. We’re Just Going To Leave This Here.
21. Thug Life.
22. Napoleon, No! This Is Not the Way!
24. You Had One Job…
25. Thug Life: Part II.
26. Say No More…
27. It’s Okay France. You Tried.
28. You Can’t Just Say His Invasion Plan’s Trash!
29. Apply Some Cold Water To That Burn.
30. We May Have Made a Mistake.
31. Easy There, Henry!
32. “King Henry, It’s a Girl!”